If you’re planning to retire in the next year—congratulations! Retirement is a major life milestone; as you prepare for this new life phase, we celebrate your service to Synopsys and your entire working career.
Here is a timeline to help you organize your plans for the year ahead:
12 Months Before
- Log into the NetBenefits® website or call Fidelity at (800) 835-5095 to review your investments.
- You may also want to contact your local Social Security office for a benefits estimate. Locate an office near you, or call (800) 772-1213.
6 Months Before
- Contact your financial advisor to talk through your options for what’s next.
- Call Health Advocate at (866) 695-8622 to talk to a Medicare Specialist about your Medicare options and enrollment timing.
- Review this video to understand the ins and outs of Medicare in retirement.
- Create a realistic budget for your retirement expenses based on your anticipated income.
3 Months Before
- Apply for Social Security retirement benefits, if appropriate—visit an office near you or call (800) 772-1213. You can also apply for retirement benefits online.
2 Months Before
- If you haven’t already done so, talk to your manager about your retirement plans. Be sure to schedule time to review your transition planning, too.
- Contact your HR representative once you and your manager have agreed on your last day at Synopsys.
1 Month Before
- Confirm your departure date with your manager.
- Start packing! If you need boxes, submit a request with Facilities.
Lastly, read up! There are plenty of articles online to help you with your final retirement prep. Here are just a few:
- 5 Retirement Costs That Too Many People Forget About, Retirement Cheat Sheet®
- Free Retirement Advice From Uncle Sam, Forbes