The Synopsys Transportation and Ridesharing (STAR) program is a valuable resource for employees who commute and want to find alternatives to driving solo to work each day. STAR offers several services, including the Commuter Spending Account (CSA) program, to help facilitate environmentally friendly, cost-effective ways to get to work.
By carpooling, biking or using public transportation, you can save money and reduce the stress of dealing with heavy traffic. You’re also eligible for STAR’s Guaranteed Ride Home program, which will get you home in an emergency.
Learn more about each of the STAR commuter programs.
The Commuter Spending Account (CSA) lets you set aside pretax money from your paycheck to pay for qualified transportation expenses you incur while traveling to and from work. If you ride public transportation to work, participate in a vanpooling program, or pay to park your car at work or a park-and-ride station, this program can help you save money.
Every month, the amount you need to pay for your commute and/or to park can be deducted from your paycheck on a pretax basis, up to $270 per month for transit and up to $270 per month for parking for 2020.
How to Enroll
- When you’re ready, you can:
- Refer to "Wageworks" in your homepage sidebar to access your Commuter Benefits.
- Select “Commuter Enrollment” to start the ordering process. Depending on the type of commuter product you order, your pass will either be sent to your home address or electronically reloaded each month.
All orders must be placed by the 10th of each month for the following month. For example, the order deadline for the March benefit month is February 10.
Finding an enjoyable and convenient way to get to Synopsys is easy, thanks to our partnership with Scoop. With the Scoop app, you can carpool with coworkers to make better use of your time, improve your well-being, and feel energized when you arrive at work.
- Schedule with ease: Separate a.m. and p.m. trips to fit your work schedule. Ride or drive to meet your daily needs. Carpoolers split the cost of the commute, so everyone saves.
- Backed by trusted connections: Scoop brings together coworkers and neighbors who are going the same way. Vehicle history checks on every driver.
- Smart routes so you never waste time: Scoop’s algorithm identifies the most efficient door-to-door trip based on the fastest route, nearby carpoolers, carpool lanes, and more.