Welcome to the Synopsys team! As an intern, you get plenty of valuable on-the-job training. But that’s not all: You’re also eligible for several Synopsys benefits.
To help you manage your health, you’re eligible to receive medical coverage through the Synopsys Health Savings (HS) Basic Plan. Your eligible dependents are also eligible for coverage under this plan. Keep in mind that you’re not automatically enrolled in the plan, so you must actively select your coverage.
2019 Employee Cost per Pay Period
You may cover yourself only or yourself and any eligible dependents. Below is the cost per paycheck. Any premiums—other than for domestic partner coverage—are paid on a pretax basis.
|You & spouse/domestic partner||$50.82|
|You & children||$31.80|
|You, spouse/domestic partner & up to 2 children||$98.16|
|You, spouse/domestic partner & 3 or more children||$117.80|
You must enroll in the medical plan within 31 days of your hire date. If you don’t enroll during your first 31 days, you won’t be able to enroll until the next Open Enrollment period unless you have a qualified life status change, such as getting married or having a baby. You can also make changes to your elections—waiving coverage, adding or removing a dependent, enrolling in or changing your Health Savings Account (HSA) election—during Open Enrollment or if you have a qualified life status change.
Your coverage begins on your first active day of employment.
When you’re ready to enroll, you can:
- Enroll From Work. Visit the Benefits SharePoint webpage and click on Benefitsolver.
- Enroll From Home. Log into the Synopsys Enrollment and Resource Center with your Benefitsolver username and password. If this is your first time using the portal go to “First Time Here” and register as a new user. Company Key is "Synopsys." You will then be prompted to create a User ID and password.
We know you work hard, so we want to give you time to recover if you’re feeling under the weather. As an intern, you’re eligible for up to 72 hours of sick time per year.
We want to give you time to relax and recharge. That’s why you’re eligible to take Synopsys-recognized paid holidays during your internship.
If you enroll in the HS Basic Plan, you’re also eligible for these benefits:
Health Savings Account (HSA)
If you enroll in the Synopsys Health Savings (HS) Basic Plan, you’re eligible to open a Health Savings Account (HSA), which allows you to set aside your earnings to pay for qualified health care expenses. It’s a great way to save on taxes and reduce your taxable income. You can contribute up to $3,500 per year (for employee-only coverage) or $7,000 per year (if you cover dependents) to your HSA. With the HS Basic Plan, Synopsys does not make contributions to your account.
Follow these three steps to get started:
- Enroll in the HS Basic Plan.
- Elect your HSA through the Synopsys Enrollment and Resource Center, and select how much you'd like to contribute.
Employee Assistance Program
The Synopsys Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and WorkLife Services benefit provide confidential support for your everyday challenges and even far more serious problems.
The EAP provides you with access to:
- Professional counselors available 24/7 to assist you and refer you to their network of top evidenced-based therapists and coaches for work, family, or personal problems.
- Twenty-five free counseling visits a year, per covered family member.
- Specialized services to assist you and your family during challenging times.
Reach out to the EAP by calling (844) 856-2213 or visiting the Lyra website.
Near-Site Health Center
The Crossover Health Center provides an alternative way for you to receive affordable, high-quality, and convenient health care. It’s a private health center, located just a couple of miles from our headquarters. The center offers VIP access to a highly skilled team of physicians and providers who deliver complete, concierge-style health care services. Crossover Health provides all levels of primary care—including preventive care—plus physical therapy, optometry services, acupuncture, chiropractic care, behavioral therapy, and much more.
Just follow these easy steps to become a Crossover Health member:
- Go to the Crossover Health website.
- Set up your membership so you’ll be ready to book your first appointment. To enroll, you’ll need to provide your company email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Once you’re enrolled, you can also make appointments by calling (650) 772-6131 or by using the app.
Second Opinion Service
Best Doctors is a second opinion service that gives you and your dependents access to medical advice from the world’s leading physicians on everything from minor surgery to chronic conditions like cancer and heart disease. This benefit is 100% confidential and offered at no charge. You can access the service by calling (866) 904-0910 or visiting the Best Doctors website.
Health Care Advocacy
Health Advocate helps you navigate health care and insurance-related issues. You have access to Personal Health Advocates who will help you cut through the red tape often associated with complex medical conditions and health care in general. You can contact your Personal Health Advocate by calling (866) 695-8622.