Synopsys will reimburse you up to $10,000 per calendar year per surrogacy for qualified surrogacy expenses.
How to Submit a Reimbursement Claim
Examples of reimbursable expenses include:
- Surrogacy agency or legal fees
- Attorney fees for both intended parents and the surrogate
- Court fees
- Embryo transfer costs
- Medical expenses related to the surrogate’s pregnancy (which may include but are not limited to the surrogate’s maternity insurance, deductible, and coinsurance)
- Travel expenses for the intended parents or surrogate related to the surrogacy
- Fees associated with the purchase of fresh or already-frozen donor tissue
- Egg- or sperm-donor screening costs
Important tax considerations: The benefits paid under this program are not excludible from income.
Synopsys will reimburse a family up to $10,000 per adoption for documented out-of-pocket expenses. Examples of reimbursable expenses include:
- Agency placement fees
- Court costs
- Legal fees, and
- The birth mother’s non-reimbursed medical expenses related to the birth of the adopted child.
Requests for reimbursement must be submitted no later than 6 months after the completion of the final adoption.
The adoption assistance program does not include stepchildren or relatives.
For additional information, email email@example.com.