If you’re planning to retire in the next year—congratulations! Retirement is a major life milestone. As you prepare for this new phase of your life, we celebrate your service to Synopsys and your entire working career.
Here’s a timeline to help you organize your plans for retirement:
- If you haven’t already done so, get started creating a plan for approaching, and living in, retirement.
- Review basic timelines for key steps you’ll need to take at specific ages.
- Make a plan for the non-financial side of retirement and finding meaning in the next phase of your life.
- Log into the NetBenefits® website or call Fidelity at (800) 835-5095 to review your investments to make sure they align with your plans.
- Learn the basics about when to claim Social Security and how to get the most from it.
- You may also want to contact your local Social Security office for a benefits estimate. Locate an office near you, or call (800) 772-1213.
- Prepare for the cost of medical care in retirement. Review helpful tips.
- Explore the Bridge to Medicare plan if you’re looking to extend your health care coverage until you turn 65 or become Medicare-eligible, whichever comes first.
- Learn the ins and outs of Medicare through this Medicare Overview video, the U.S. Government’s Medicare & You handbook, and UnitedHealthcare’s Medicare Made Clear guide.
- For more personalized guidance, call Health Advocate at (866) 695-8622 to talk to a Medicare Specialist about your Medicare options and enrollment timing.
- Consider enrolling in Long-Term Care (LTC) Insurance to cover medical expenses not covered by health insurance, disability insurance, and Medicare coverage.
- Apply for Social Security retirement benefits, if appropriate. Visit an office near you or call (800) 772-1213. You can also apply for retirement benefits online.
- If you haven’t already done so, talk to your manager about your retirement plans. Be sure to schedule time to review your transition planning, too.
- Contact your HR representative once you and your manager have agreed on your last day at Synopsys.
- Confirm your departure date with your manager.
- Start packing! If you need boxes, submit a request with Facilities.
Lastly, stay active and engaged! Exercise, social connection, and a sense of purpose will help you get the most from this next phase of your life.