The Synopsys Transportation and Ridesharing (STAR) program is a valuable resource for employees who commute and want to find alternatives to driving solo to work each day. STAR offers several services, including the Commuter Spending Account (CSA) program, to help facilitate environmentally friendly, cost-effective ways to get to work.
By carpooling, biking or using public transportation, you can save money and reduce the stress of dealing with heavy traffic. You’re also eligible for STAR’s Guaranteed Ride Home program, which will get you home in an emergency.
Learn more about each of the STAR commuter programs.
Commuter Spending Account (CSA) Program
The Commuter Spending Account (CSA) lets you set aside pretax money from your paycheck to pay for qualified transportation expenses you incur while traveling to and from work. If you ride public transportation to work, participate in a vanpooling program, or pay to park your car at work or a park-and-ride station, this program can help you save money.
Every month, the amount you need to pay for your commute and/or to park can be deducted from your paycheck on a pretax basis, up to $260 per month for transit and up to $260 per month for parking for 2018.
How to Enroll
- When you’re ready, you can:
- Enroll from work: Visit the Benefits SharePoint webpage and click on "Benefitsolver."
- Enroll from home: Log into the Synopsys Enrollment and Resource Center with your Benefitsolver username and password. If this is your first time using the portal, select “First Time Here” and register as a new user. Company Key is "Synopsys."
- Refer to "Wageworks" in your homepage sidebar to access your Commuter Benefits.
- Select “Commuter Enrollment” to start the ordering process. Depending on the type of commuter product you order, your pass will either be sent to your home address or electronically reloaded each month.
All orders must be placed by the 10th of each month for the following month. For example, the order deadline for the March benefit month is February 10.
Scoop connects you with other commuters, so you can enjoy a smooth carpooling experience—unlocking new opportunities for you to create friendships, improve your well-being and save time on your commute.
All you have to do is:
- Download the Scoop app through the App Store or Google Play.
- Sign up with your Synopsys email to receive special pricing on trips.
- Schedule your carpool.
- Get matched.
- Enjoy the trip.